Everyone can feel stuck at times, but when your difficulties feel overwhelming it can be beneficial to get support. I help individuals get a fresh perspective, learn how to utilize their strengths and create new opportunities.
Do you seem stuck or unable to change self-defeating behaviors? Perhaps you feel disconnected from loved ones or unfulfilled in your relationships? Are you experiencing high levels of worry, sadness or self-doubt? Do you want to make changes in your life but not sure how? By exploring your thoughts, feelings and relationships with a professionally trained, compassionate therapist, you can feel less isolated and achieve personal growth. You don’t have to face your problems alone.
The Benefits of Individual Therapy
I provide a non-judgmental, collaborative space for you to get support, learn about yourself and achieve your goals. Below are just some of the ways therapy might be helpful for you.
- Discover new options and learn how to make more rewarding choices
- Optimally manage school, career, or family transitions
- Learn how you are experienced by others and improve your communication skills
- Feel more comfortable and confident in your own skin
- Resolve ambivalence and get clarity around unsatisfying relationships
- Gain insight about feelings of anger, guilt, worry, self-doubt or fear
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms and anxiety management skills
- Obtain support for your own or a loved one’s addiction and recovery
- Better understand your triggers and increase healthy decision making
- Resolve and recover from distressing childhood issues
- Improve your relationship skills and capacity for intimacy
- Learn how to start over after a betrayal, break-up or divorce
- Process and heal painful feelings related to illness, loss or death
To see how individual therapy can benefit you, contact Theresa Bullock Cohen, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
If you’re thinking about individual therapy and have questions, here is some useful information to get you started.
To get a better understanding about your pain, your struggles, your strengths and your untapped potential, it will be helpful to explore your past, clarify your present situation and uncover your longings for the future.